Related Pages: Jack London Square Information
Located within the Port of Oakland, Oakland Marinas consists of three marinas around the Oakland/Alameda Estuary, by Jack London Square, Embarcadero Cove, and Union Point Basin. Not only are the Oakland Marina’s conveniently located around the estuary, and a safe and clean location to berth your boat, we’re just a walk away from parks, shopping, delicious restaurants, historic landmarks, such as Heinold’s First and Last Chance Saloon, and many other staples around the Oakland area.
For more information regarding the Oakland / Alameda area, please click the link.
(This will open a new tab / window in your browser).
Are you new to the area or are you visiting and looking for something to do? See below for a small list of our suggestions for some great things to do during your visit!
Things To Do
- Take a Trip to the Oakland Zoo
- Over 100 acres of zoo area! You could spend the day here seeing the amazing animals, learning about wildlife, or attending one of their many interactive and educational programs..
- Visit Jack London Square
- There’s so much to do at Jack London Square, they have a top list of things to do all on their own! This is a must do when visiting the Oakland area. Daily events, amazing dining, historical landmarks, kayak and bike rentals for a ride along the waterfront, etc.
- Learn a Little History at the Oakland Museum
- Around for over 40 years, this is one of the top-rated Bay Area Museums, and it’s a must see. Oakland Museum is family friendly and a great place to explore and learn about California’s art, history, and natural sciences with the whole family.
- Grab a cold one at Heinold’s First & Last Chance Saloon
- Nearly 150 years old, the saloon is still kicking and in great shape! As if the charm of the place isn’t quite enough, the slanted floor is an ever present reminder of its lengthy and rich history. This is a must see if you’re in the Oakland area, and it comes with great service!
- Appreciate the Charm and Beauty of Preservation Park’s Victorian Neighborhood
- Preservation Park covers two blocks in the heart of Oakland with 16 beautiful, renovated, turn-of-the-century Victorian style buildings and homes. It’s classic historic beauty draws in a variety of visitors; from those simply wanting to see the sights, to those hosting a wedding, conference, award dinner, or attending a trade show.